By visiting our website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
heroncabinets.co.uk is owned and operated by Heron Cabinets Ltd. We are committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information you share with us.
We hold and process your information lawfully in accordance with Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
The following policy explains how and why we collect and process your personal information, what controls you have over the use of it and how we keep it secure.
What Personal Information Is Gathered?
• Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. We do not sell this information to any other party.
You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of particular features.
Payment information is not retained, unless you opt for this at the payment section. If you choose for this information to be stored, it is done so securely by our payment providers, Paypal.
We use the information that you provide for such purposes as processing your orders, responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
The information you provide for us is given in one of the following two lawful ways:
with Consent (GDPR Article (6)(1)(a)) – you provide consent for us to contact you with relevant and specific information about our products and services. You can control which information you receive from us by updating your preferences. You have the right to withdraw consent at anytime by unsubscribing or by contacting us directly.
through Contract (GDPR Article (6)(1)(b)) – you provide your information to us for the purpose of completing a service you have asked us to provide, such as fulfilling an order you have placed with us.
•Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of non identifiable information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses this website. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with the same quality of user experience if we cannot recognise you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
We use this information to pass order and payment details to agents responsible for order processing, to communicate with you about orders, products and promotional offers, to update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, to display content such as customer reviews and to recommend merchandise that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and platform, and to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website.
More About Cookies
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide helpful features such as remembering the contents of your shopping basket between visits.
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of our most useful features and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What Information is Shared, and With Whom?
We will never sell or share your information with anyone without your consent, apart from in the following ways:
- Third Party agents – in order to supply services you have requested. This could include sharing information for the purposes of dispatch and order tracking, sending of
promotional emails, secure handling of credit card information.
- Legal or similar – we will release account and personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce or comply with our terms and conditions or to protect the rights and property of Heron Cabinets Ltd, it’s users or others.
How Secure is the Information Held About Me?
- We work hard to protect the security of key information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software during payment, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. We destroy all records of your credit card number once order processing is completed, unless you opt for this to be stored, as detailed above.
- We maintain physical and electronic safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us: [email protected]
If you would like to make a request to know the information we hold about you and how it is being processed, or if you would like to make a request for your information to be erased, then please email [email protected] or send it in writing to: Controller, Heron Cabinets Ltd, Unit B Staniforth Works, Main Street, Hackenthorpe, Sheffield, S12 4LB